Frequently Asked Questions
- What operating system do you use with your linux servers plans?
We install the latest version of CENTOS by default however you can request a version back of CENTOS or you can also request Ubuntu.
- Do you offer VPN connections?
We do offer an SSL VPN solution with each dedicated server upon request.
- What operating system are the windows servers running?
Your choice of Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 R2 comes with our windows dedicated servers. This is included in the cost of the windows dedicated server monthly rental charge. We currently offer Windows Server 2012 R2 for windows cloud servers and will be offering Windows Server 2016 R2 also very soon.
- Can I run an ASP.NET application and a ColdFusion or PHP app on the same hosting account?
Yes, as long as you are within your allotted resource usage you many run different technologies on same account. Keep in mind that while php is installed on our Windows servers many applications run php best on Linux – especially if they rely on specific *nix libraries.
- Do your Windows plans include MS SQL Server?
You have access to one of our central database servers at no additional cost. You can also use MySQL databases on your own server.
- Do your ColdFusion plans include MS SQL Server?
Yes. You have access to one of our central database servers at no additional cost. You can also use MySQL or MS Access databases on your own server. If you would like MS SQL installed on your ColdFusion dedicated server that would be $75.00 /month.
- Do you allow ColdFusion custom tags or CFX tags?
Yes but for security reasons Sozo reviews ColdFusion custom tags and CFX tags. Contact Sozo Hosting regarding questions for a particular custom tag or CFX tag.
- What version of ColdFusion are you running?
Sozo Hosting runs ColdFusion 9 for shared hosting. We do offer ColdFusion 9 or 11 or CF2016 as an option with our windows dedicated servers.