How To Create a web site in Windows IIS 7
1. Click Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
2. Expand the server name
3. Right-click Sites and choose Add Web Site…
4. Type in the Site Name. A description or the domain name is best to put into this field. This will automatically create an Application Pool for the site.
5. Enter or browse to the path where the website will have its root directory. This is the directory where the home page should go.
6. For the Binding, choose HTTP, choose an IP address that is free, leave the port as port 80, and enter in your domain name (i.e. www.domain.com) as the Host Name. Leave the checkbox for Start Web site immediately checked and click OK.
7. Go back to the IIS7 main screen and select the site under the Sites folder. Click Bindings… on the right sidebar so there is a host header for domain.com as well.
8. Click the Add button, choose HTTP, use the same IP address as setup in step 7, leave the port as port 80, and enter in your domain name (i.e.domain.com) as the Host Name. Click OK
· An IP-based website has a unique IP address therefore no other website can use this IP address. If you need multiple IP-based websites, you will need to contact support add the IP addresses to your server.
· A name-based website shares a single IP address with each website on the server. You are able to make as many name-based sites as you wish with your single IP address.
How to Redirect sites to HTTPS in IIS7.5
How you can redirect http request to the https website using IIS Settings. You can do the same on other versions of IIS slightly different.
1. First set “require SSL” under the SSL Settings from the Website
2. Under the Error Page Settings edit the 403 Error Page
3. Mark the Setting “Respond with a 302 redirect” and add the https URL